How is it working for you?
This trend is not about what political party you call your own, it is about the ability of a small percentage of Americans to impose their will on all of US, regardless of political affiliation. Gerrymandering, phony filibusters, a steadfast commitment to “the plan”, and a seemingly endless war chest keep the champions of the minority in control.
Despite popular opinion as measured by many credible polling groups, efforts like tax cuts, the sequester, budget cuts, corporate subsidies, and gutting the social safety net endure. Add self serving super-strategies like the WAR ON THE VOTE and it feels like the ship of state is adrift. Add lobbying, controlling the media, and bankrolling the faithful, and the majority of US are less and less significant players in this republic’s democracy.
Again, how is this working for you?
The march to end a woman’s right to decide when and if she will give birth is just the tip of the iceberg. It is just one more example of the divide and conquer strategy in the march to total plutocracy (the new fascism). Ironically, some seem willing to tolerate this trend to get what they want, not admitting that in so doing they are signing on for “the full meal deal”.
Current events are dominated by smarty pants political gamers that seem to find every backhanded way to obtain their objectives. They are despicable but predictable. Money-in-Politics is winning the day, and both major parties play the game.
Just so you have some idea of what the “full meal deal looks like, here is a Cliff Notes-esq version of what is in store for us if we do not put a stick in the spokes of campaign finance system that is inherently corrupt.
- No abortion. No birth control. No sex education. No women’s rights from the moment of conception until birth (assuming she does not die). After that everyone is on their own.
- Only the economically deserving will vote. Voting won’t matter much because gerrymandering will have rendered the chosen politicians invincible.
- Our air, water, energy sources, and food supply will become nothing more than vectors for cash. Everything will be industrialized until it collapses.
- No public school. No public prisons. No public anything, especially no public employees. (I am really not looking forward to privatized police departments.)
- No unions. No collective bargaining. No employee rights. No minimum wage.
- Guns everywhere. Everywhere.
- No social safety net. No Social Security (The predator market will have consumed the privatized version to the point of meaninglessness.) The poor, disabled, etc will be dead or in some other privatized institution at taxpayer expense.
- Darwinian economics will prevail. Only the monied will thrive. The laws of the land will support the rich getting richer because the rich will control the political process and, besides, they believe their wealth indicates a divine right to rule.
- The Constitution, including the Bill of Rights, and the Declaration of Independence, will be stripped of anything that resembles a socio-economic evolution toward the framers’ vision of what America could be. Instead we will live in a state of economic stewardship controlled by the few, and at the peril of the many. Our gratitude will be expected.
I am not Nostradamus, I am just someone who keeps up with the Congress and State Legislatures across the land. We must put an end to money-in-politics now, before it is too late for America. #FreeTheElected from the domination of campaign funders.